Monday, April 12, 2010

Iron King - Julie Kagawa Review

The Iron King (Harlequin Teen)The Iron King (Iron Fae Book 1) by Julie Kagawa
Reading level: Young Adult

  • Paperback: 368 pages
  • Publisher: Harlequin; Original edition (February 1, 2010)
  • ISBN-10: 0373210086

Blurb: Meghan Chase has a secret destiny - one she could never have imagined.

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school.or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face.and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.



My Thoughts: I really didn't know what to expect when I picked up this book. I had read some great reviews for this book but still had my doubts that I would enjoy it. Man was I pleasantly surprised when I got drawn into from the first few pages. I had to fight with myself to put this book down to sleep and other various things around the house. I really don't even know how to describe this book other than amazing! When I finished it I was left feeling a little empty, like I needed to read the next book right now because I had to find out what happens next. I became very attached to the characters and found myself holding my breath at points hoping that everything would work out for them. I hope that many others will decide to take a chance and pick up this book, and I hope even more that they enjoy it as much as I did. If I could give this book a 5 1/2 star rating I would, but I will have to give it a solid 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater